Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho says he's happy with the squad, hinting he doesn't expect anyone to leave or join.
Speaking to the media ahead of their La Liga game against Real Sociedad on Wednesday, 26th August 2026, Mourinho said:
“The squad is CLOSED for me… but the transfer window is still open”.
“If there’s a player who asks to leave… I don’t know. I am very happy with the players I have. I don’t want players to leave”.
Speaking about the kind of reception he'd expect from the Bernabéu crowd, the Portuguese veteran manager said he isn't expecting any special welcome for himself and would prefer they welcome the team with passion instead.
José Mourinho: “I don't want the Bernabéu to welcome me in any particular way”.
“I want them to welcome the team with the passion it has. That passion was going through a difficult period last season”.
Source: Fabrizio Romano
Follow AYEYIBRUCE for more news
Reviewed by Ayeyi Bruce
on
August 25, 2026
Rating:
