Calafiori: "Gattuso calls more than my mom"

 Riccardo Calafiori says he has been fielding more calls from Italy boss Gennaro Gattuso than his mum ahead of their World Cup play-off 

They host Northern Ireland in their semi-final on Thursday and the winner will face either Wales or Bosnia-Herzegovina on Tuesday 👀

Calafiori said: “Over the last few months I heard from him (Gattuso) more than my mother.

“When I was out or not playing as much, he called me constantly. Going to the World Cup is the dream I had as a kid, so I can’t wait to play this game.”

The Italy boss took the defender out for a slap-up meal with legends Gianluigi Buffon and Leonardo Bonucci 🙌

Calafiori added: “The dinner with him was great. It gave us the chance to be together. It was like a dinner among friends.

“There were a lot of football anecdotes shared, because the three of them have plenty of those.”

Calafiori: "Gattuso calls more than my mom" Calafiori: "Gattuso calls more than my mom" Reviewed by Ayeyi Bruce on March 26, 2026 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.